Round 8


Harrison Park

Parkes Rovers


Parkes Hotel FC Men


Parkes Rovers v Parkes Hotel Football Club

Parkes Hotel FC entered the Derby with arch rivals Rovers full of confidence, after a string of wins against Forbes Bushrangers and Railway Renegades. This confidence showed as Parkes Hotel took an early lead through a penalty, clinically taken by Kyle London. The lead didn’t last long with Rovers levelling the scores soon after, which was the start of a seesawing affair. Kyle London scored a second taking the score to 2-1, which was again followed by a Rovers equaliser, courtesy of a deflect off a corner kick. The score remained 2-2 for the rest of the half.

Parkes Hotel went back to their starting line-up and started strong like the first half. Parkes Hotel were again the first to score, with striker Sam Standen adding to his large goal tally for the season. The Rovers were awarded a penalty kick soon after, through an infringement by fullback Dylan Manks. Rovers converted taking the score to 3-3. The goals kept flowing with Lyndon Southwell scoring is first goal for the club taking the score 4-3, and Rovers again equalising off a corner kick soon after. Parkes Hotel were unlucky not to have a fifth goal, when Rookie Jacob Fredrick’s just put the ball over the bar.

Matt Spedding put Parkes Hotel FC in the lead again, after putting the ball in the back of net courtesy of some excellent passing between himself and Sam Standen. However this caused some controversy, where a Rovers player claimed that there was contact to his face in the lead up, with centre official conferring with his assistant before awarding the goal. Parkes Hotel stopped the Seesaw when Sam Standen took to 6-4. Rovers did manage to score a fifth, causing some heart in mouth moments at the end for Parkes Hotel. The game finished 6-5 with Parkes Hotel taking the honours and besting Rovers for the first time in the clubs history.

Payers Players: Jacob Fredricks

Player of the Match: Kyle London